이전 문서

다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

이전 문서

다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

"The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" (Proverbs 12:15).

Pop star Lady Gaga says she doesn't do hard drugs anymore, but she admits that when she was younger and still living with her parents, she did. What made her stop? The sight of her father.

"I was just partying and being very self-indulgent and trying to find myself," "In hindsight, it's so dangerous; and I don't encourage anyone to follow that path. I remember my dad…I was actually doing drugs in my parents' house one day, and they didn't know I was in the bathroom. I came out, and my father could tell; and I just remember feeling so embarrassed, and I quit instantly."

Lady Gaga's story illustrates two interesting dynamics between teens and their parents: For one, teens rarely tell their moms and dads if they're involved in anything bad. For another, parents still have influence in their teens' lives.

How many teens would talk to their parents about their own drug use? Not many. It's not just drugs we're talking about here. Teenagers tend to keep lots of things from their parents, whether grades, who they're hanging out with or how they're using the family computer. The truth is, some parents don't really know much about their kid's lives.

Do you keep secrets from your parents?If you do hide things from your parents, why? Is it because you don't want to get in trouble? Because you don't want to hurt them or worry them? Would they not understand? Would they overreact?

Even though we know the best way, which is asking for help, but same time, we feel so shame on telling or asking for help. Studies suggest many teens trust and respect their parents more than anyone else in the world. And parents can provide us good help. 

All believing teenagers should listen to our two parents, who is the heavenly father, Lord, and their earthly parents in the Lord in order to make a wise decision in their life.

This topic may not make you be comfortable or might think “Textbook topic”, but this is really important and it would be a key to go through your teenager hardship. 

As we all know or have heard that Proverbs gives us some practical help in knowing, doing, and enjoying the will of God for our lives. In order to make this wisdom ours, we have to put our faith and commitment in the Lord.

We have to Listen to our Ultimate Father, heavenly father who is the Lord

Our life is full with choice to make or in order word, we have to make decision every single moment. Most of us think that we can figure things out on our own. We can do just fine by ourselves without listening to other advice. 

“Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.  — Romans 8:15-16, Parents always want the children to be successful and make right decision. He is always willing to provide his wisdom. He already has!!! but it is us who don’t take it as ours. 

if we are serious about making wise decision, we must fight against internal inclination to trust what we think is best. It does not mean that we have to ignore all the senses that God has given to us. it means that we should not “lean” on our understanding for total support in Proverbs 3. 

When we decide to give God first place and trust Him totally, He will straighten out our paths and even remove obstacles. The straight path is not always easy but it does lead away from sin and destruction and points us to deeper fellowship with Christ.

Take the advice that our earthly parents

God has given the parent the responsibility to take care of their children, not just because the children's are theirs, but also they are also belonged to the heavenly Father. 

There is condition on this! All people including you and your parents should be “in the Lord” and Eph 6:1 says “obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right”.

Listening to the parents does not mean that you have to do exactly what they have ordered or commanded. It is more like “taking advice”, not “making decision instead of you”. When we were young and don’t have enough wisdom to make choice, they do instead of us. 

They have more experiences than us, more knowledge and wisdom then us. God has sent the parents for the children, so that they can help children to make right decision in the Lord. In order to get the advice, we have to go and tell them and ask for the help. Keeping secrets will bring you burden and you keep trying to find place to hide. Don’t keep the secrets by yourself, if you are so afraid of telling your earthly parent, let’s bring it to the our heavenly father and ask for the wisdom. 

Is Jesus occupying first place in your life? Are you willing to do His will, whatever it will be? Proverbs 3:7: “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.” Someone has said that there are too many “cafeteria Christians” that want to pick and choose what they want, instead of letting God plan the whole meal. Also, when faced with a decision, let your parents be your godly leader for you and find a faithful friend or two and ask for their input.

1. YG 0228: Movie night "Son of God"

Youth members I am so sorry to send you email regarding YG tomorrow. I could start using the internet after I moved to new place. As we announced last Sunday, the movie "Son of God" will be released tomorrow (PG-13, 2hrs 15min) Here is the t...
    Date2014.02.27 Category알림 ByJohn Y. Park Views2016
    Read More
  2. [0223 Summary] Asking for help

"The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" (Proverbs 12:15). Pop star Lady Gaga says she doesn't do hard drugs anymore, but she admits that when she was younger and still living with her parents, she did. Wha...
    Date2014.02.23 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2230
    Read More
  3. [0216 Summary] Fast-Food

Fast Food Proverbs 23:1-3 "When you sit to dine with a ruler, note well what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. 3 Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive." There was a survey reg...
    Date2014.02.19 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views1705
    Read More
  4. [0209 Summary] Trusting God

"And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant" (Ex. 14:31). When many sports player, they study about the sport, le...
    Date2014.02.12 Category말씀 Bygopowermission Views1745
    Read More
  5. [0202] First Impression

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention ...
    Date2014.02.02 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views1767
    Read More
  6. [0126] Transform us by the Word and the Holy Spirit: Series 4: Evangelizing others

Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 1. Prepare with the prayer As all Christian brings their m...
    Date2014.01.27 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2527
    Read More
  7. [0119] Transform us by the Word and the Holy Spirit: Series 3: Loving others

Matthew 22:37-40 Many times, we make our boundaries and don't let other people to come in. Also, because people want to keep distance from each other, it is hard to break the wall. Only the love can break the wall. All powermissioner sho...
    Date2014.01.19 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views1907
    Read More
  8. [0112] Transform us by the Word and the Holy Spirit: Series 2: Be a guiding light

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?...
    Date2014.01.15 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views1629
    Read More
  9. [0105] Transform us by the Word and the Holy Spirit: Series 1: Life of Prayer and Word

All Powermissioner should come back and transformed in the life of prayer and word, because it is promise of God Coming back to the Lord “Coming back” does not mean only physical, but also spiritual. For those who left the church, come b...
    Date2014.01.15 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views4758
    Read More
  10. Joseph and Youth Worship Night

May God bless you and your family. As we all know, we have KM worship & prayer night tomorrow at the church. As youth group, we were thinking about joining KM worship night, however, instead of joining, we decided to have English Worship...
    Date2013.11.07 Category알림 ByJohn Y. Park Views1990
    Read More
Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next ›
/ 43
Designed by hikaru100

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

SketchBook5,스케치북5

SketchBook5,스케치북5