다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

이전 문서

다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

Matt 1:18-25

"18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus."

When the time has come for God to send His son Jesus to the world, there would be the perfect vessel is needed. Since He is the Son of God, he didn’t need the human male to father the child. But since Jesus would be born as a helpless infant, there should be someone who takes care of him. therefore, God chose Joseph to be the earthly father of God’s Heavenly Son!!

Joseph’s character

“Faithful to the Law” = compassion for the Lord

“Din’t want to expose her to the public……to divorce her quietly”= the Love and grace

“ he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him” = Committed to God’s will

“God knew that Joseph was humble man in the eyes of the Lord and God chose Joseph for God’s mission” He is looking for a person who God could use for His glory.

The tragedy is always waiting for you

Just as other engaged couple, Joseph and Mary were excited for the marriage. However, when Joseph found out the truth, his dream and plan was shattered. Probably his feeling was a heart ripped. Many time, we do our best to make our plan and get all things lined up. but when something happened we didn’t expect, it breaks our heart. However, what we have to remember is that God sometimes break and shatters the plan we made for His plan in our lives. All the hardship are carefully planned to help us grow in the Lord. It is hard to understand and accept, but it is true.

The answer is already provided

We often think that God only gives us hard time to grow our faith in the Lord, however, he also provides the answer and the way we could go through. God revealed to Joseph and gave him a task, and then Joseph took it by faith (v.20). Furthermore, not only God reveals, but also, gives the instructions. He would not understand all things that happening in his life. Joseph would not know what the Jesus Christ would do on the earth, his ministry, his mission, and so on. What he found out is that God comes down to the earth in the form of human being.

All we see is the part of our life, but God is in the top of all things. He knows the beginning and end, because he is the one who planned. the best thing we can do is to simply trust Him and know He still takes care of his children.

Become a great evidence and witness for God’s plan

We can see someone’s character by what they do with what they are handed. Joseph did not walk away. Instead he took Mary as his wife. Others would be like, they were unwilling to wait until the Marriage. But Joseph didn’t care what they were saying. He only cared about the task that the Lord has given to him and his family. He obeyed the Lord. He wanted nothing more than to do the perfect will of God. THIS IS THE TESTIMONY! 

There may be some significants difficulties and bumps in our path, but our genuine faith in God never seeks the easier road. The faith is the will that we go where God leads, regardless the cost and regardless of the consequences. 

What kind of person are you? God is still looking for special people he can use to carry out his will in the world today. He is looking for people who will follow him. Are you that person?

Let’s answer “Here I am Lord, Send me”

1. Youth Mission trip team Fundraising status

Free Fundraising Thermometer by: Easy Fundraising Ideas
    Date2014.05.07 Category알림 ByJohnY.Park Views3479
    Read More
  2. Cookie Fundraising

Date2014.05.05 Category기타 ByJohnY.Park Views2709
    Read More
  3. Youth Picnic (04/26/14)

Thank all the parents and teachers who helped on preparing all the food!!!!!!!
    Date2014.04.26 Category알림 ByJohnY.Park Views3830
    Read More
  4. Noah and Noah??

The movie Noah was released on Thursday night and as youth group, we have watched the movie. and I believe some of you will watch later. Just as I gave you guys a homework, which is reading the Gen chapter 6-9. Hopefully, all of you did by t...
    Date2014.03.30 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views52161
    Read More
  5. The review of Movie "Noah" in English

Review of Movie “Noah” I have heard and read the review of “Noah” even before I watch. Also, same time, after the movie, I felt that this is the worst “Christian-like” movie I have ever watched. The movie begins with “In the beginning, the...
    Date2014.03.29 Category기타 ByJohn Y. Park Views3995
    Read More
  6. 영화 노아를 보고 나서...

노아를 보고 나서… 어디서 어떻게 시작을 해야 될지 모르겠다. 오랜만에 영화를 보고 “보지 말것”이라고 생각을 했다. 보기 전부터 많은 리뷰가 있었다. 어떤 사람들은 성경적이다. 어떤 사람들은 아니다라고 했었다. 그래도 난 조금이나마 기대를 했었다… ...
    Date2014.03.28 Category기타 ByJohn Y. Park Views2984
    Read More
  7. [0323] Jesus' vine ministry

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) "Handing the grapes to the youth" Where did this thing come from? Did the qualit...
    Date2014.03.23 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views3000
    Read More
  8. [0316] Was Jesus Hot?

"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart'" (1 Sam. 16:7...
    Date2014.03.23 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views3465
    Read More
  9. [0309] Jesus???

Colossians 1:13-20 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firs...
    Date2014.03.09 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2723
    Read More
  10. [0302] Preparing for the God's Mission

Matt 1:18-25 "18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husban...
    Date2014.03.03 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2720
    Read More
Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next ›
/ 43
Designed by hikaru100

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

SketchBook5,스케치북5

SketchBook5,스케치북5