이전 문서

다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

이전 문서

다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

The movie Noah was released on Thursday night and as youth group, we have watched the movie. and I believe some of you will watch later. Just as I gave you guys a homework, which is reading the Gen chapter 6-9. Hopefully, all of you did by this morning and became familiar what the Noah’s ark is about. I have read lot of reviews that stands both good and bad. However, I read many pastors saying, “No” to this movie.

I was preparing the message and after I watched the movie, I felt like I have to re-write the whole message because the movie Noah is so messed up! and un-biblical!!! Many of pastors would give sermon on Noah in order to provide the right understanding. Also, there would be so many different sermons with different topic from the same passage. 

However, today, I want to focus on God from the story Noah’s ark. 

1. God is the creator for all things

The Bible tells “ In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth”. If we didn’t have this passage, we would have a lot of questions regarding the earth or creator. The movie indicates the creator, instead of God. Many people can argue with my perspective on the movie Noah. Its fine. However, if this was true biblical movie, they should have indicated God in the beginning. Why? without having the a bit of idea who God is, it is not possible to understand or accept the event of Noah. 

in Gen 6:5 “every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil at that time…” 6 “The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth and his heart was filled with pain”

in this passage, it also shows that God made the human being, however, because of the man’s wackiness, in other word, their mind, lifestyle, habit, and so on were filled by evil!!

you may say that God is so cruel..God killed all people, all living things on the earth… How could God destroy all things? He could! because He made us, created us, we are His, not ours. 

We have to remember that God has planned, God designed, God built, God sustained, and only God can destroy.

In the movie Noah, there is scene Noah tells about the creation. However, they used so express of evolution. When narrator was talking about creation the actual movie showed one cell becomes different things, animals, monkey, and human being. And they are not even talking about the seventh day of the creation which is most important. 

Throughout the whole movie, they say “creator”, not God. Because we know about the creation and about God, we would’ve been like, “Yes, God is creator”, however, the movie throws the question who the creator is…” 

God is just and merciful 

God hates the sin, He can’t accept the sin, darkness, satan, evil in his presence. Therefore, he had to judge. and the way he chose this time was water. 

In Gen 6:8-9 “Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord, Noah w as a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God”

When the flood happened, Noah was 600 years old. Some people say that we don’t know how Noah had lived. However, these passages explain everything. His heart was focusing God all the time and he was trying to live for God, by God, and with God! human beings are not perfect, Noah would not be perfect. But, he tried and he knew who God is, furthermore, he had fear of the Lord, which means he obeyed God. because Noah was faithful to God, God chose Noah and give them the way to survive. 

When the flood began, God closed the door of ark. It is not what Noah did. In the movie, Noah is like, “you stay inside” and he went out and came in. But when Bible indicated “God closes”, it shows God’s justice for the sinful man and mercy for God’s people. I believe that they are people who asked for the rescue right before they die. God gave the merciful moment to all the people. 

This is exactly what is going to happen later. God is giving us the merciful time right now and waiting for people to accept the Good News, however, when the time has come, God would not have the mercy anymore and he will show his just to all the nation. But when you are inside, you have food, protection and the life

Jesus Christ came to bring us into the Ark of Jesus 

God fulfills His covenant 

God had to judge and destroy all the darkness at that time, but same time, he want to keep his promise. That’s why God told Noah to build the ark. In the movie, Noah sees the vision in the dream and he looks for his grandfather to get help on understanding his dream. His grandfather is the one who helped the fallen angel, which is fiction not true, you can’t find any place in the bible. Also, I felt that he plays the roll of God. When Noah has hard time, his wife had a favor, they came to him and ask him. We have to believe to come to the Lord!!!!!

the director said that they spent around one year to design, 6month to build with the actual measure that God gave to Noah.  But Noah in the movie, he says that all human need to die including his family as well. This is also totally non-biblical. 

In Gen 7:1, God says “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation” God chose Noah and his family because they were righteous in God’s eyes. God chose Noah for this promise because he was with God! 

What was God’s plan???? His focus was not on the wiping all the creation, His focus was to fulfill His covenant and let His people carry this covenant!!!!

Gen 9:1 “God blessed Noah and his sons, saying tot hem “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth”

This is God’s blessing and promise toward His people and His children.

Let me make one more comment on movie Noah, movie started with scene that Noah’s father was trying to bless Noah with skin of snake which is handed down to the family and the movie ends with scene Noah blesses Shem’s children with snake skin. This skin is what adam got from the snake that tempted Eve. Now you see what the movie has focused.

Please have right understanding, right knowledge, and right faith. The faith is the most important.

1. Youth Mission trip team Fundraising status

Free Fundraising Thermometer by: Easy Fundraising Ideas
    Date2014.05.07 Category알림 ByJohnY.Park Views3449
    Read More
  2. Cookie Fundraising

Date2014.05.05 Category기타 ByJohnY.Park Views2704
    Read More
  3. Youth Picnic (04/26/14)

Thank all the parents and teachers who helped on preparing all the food!!!!!!!
    Date2014.04.26 Category알림 ByJohnY.Park Views3808
    Read More
  4. Noah and Noah??

The movie Noah was released on Thursday night and as youth group, we have watched the movie. and I believe some of you will watch later. Just as I gave you guys a homework, which is reading the Gen chapter 6-9. Hopefully, all of you did by t...
    Date2014.03.30 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views52158
    Read More
  5. The review of Movie "Noah" in English

Review of Movie “Noah” I have heard and read the review of “Noah” even before I watch. Also, same time, after the movie, I felt that this is the worst “Christian-like” movie I have ever watched. The movie begins with “In the beginning, the...
    Date2014.03.29 Category기타 ByJohn Y. Park Views3985
    Read More
  6. 영화 노아를 보고 나서...

노아를 보고 나서… 어디서 어떻게 시작을 해야 될지 모르겠다. 오랜만에 영화를 보고 “보지 말것”이라고 생각을 했다. 보기 전부터 많은 리뷰가 있었다. 어떤 사람들은 성경적이다. 어떤 사람들은 아니다라고 했었다. 그래도 난 조금이나마 기대를 했었다… ...
    Date2014.03.28 Category기타 ByJohn Y. Park Views2964
    Read More
  7. [0323] Jesus' vine ministry

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) "Handing the grapes to the youth" Where did this thing come from? Did the qualit...
    Date2014.03.23 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2988
    Read More
  8. [0316] Was Jesus Hot?

"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart'" (1 Sam. 16:7...
    Date2014.03.23 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views3456
    Read More
  9. [0309] Jesus???

Colossians 1:13-20 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firs...
    Date2014.03.09 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2712
    Read More
  10. [0302] Preparing for the God's Mission

Matt 1:18-25 "18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husban...
    Date2014.03.03 Category말씀 ByJohn Y. Park Views2719
    Read More
Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next ›
/ 43
Designed by hikaru100

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

SketchBook5,스케치북5

SketchBook5,스케치북5